BB MEETS AFRICA
MEET OPRAH WINFREY
By BB Meets Africa the :
Oprah Winfrey was four-and-a-half years old, when she finally made up her mind that she wasn’t going to have the life expected of her. She was raised on a small Mississippi farm by her grandmother. Her grandmother’s highest hope for Oprah was that when she became someone’s domestic worker, she would be treated kindly by her employers. Words of Oprah’s grandmother “I just hope you get some good white folks when you grow up, treat you right, treat you nice.
Oprah, born in 1954 in Mississippi, to a teenage mother who sent her to live with her grandmother at the age of six. At the age of 9, her cousin raped her. She was also sexually abused by other men. Eventually Oprah went to live with her father at the age of 14. Unknowingly, she was pregnant, gave birth to a baby boy two months earlier who did not survive but ended up dying after.
Being with her father and stepmother brought about some form of stability as well as high expectations from her father in relation to her school grades. Oprah at 17, won a beauty pageant that was sponsored by a local radio station. She got a part – time job at the local radio station and gradually that was how she birthed the talk show that millions are enjoying now.
Life Changing Words - Oprah
- The way through every challenge is to get still and ask yourself, what is the next right move? And from that space, make the next right move.
- Keep a grateful journey and every night, list five things that happened on that day that you are grateful for. What you will begin to do is to change your perspective of the day and your life. If you learn to focus on what you have, you will always see that the universe is abundant, and you will have more. If you concentrate focusing on what you don’t have, you will never have enough. Be grateful always and keep a grateful journal.
- Everybody wants to fulfill the highest, truest expression of yourself as a human being.
- Lifestyle: Learn to say no without having to feel bad about it. Never try to fit in, please people by spending money on them because you want to be accepted by them.
- Successful is getting to the point where you are absolutely comfortable with yourself and it does not matter how many things you have acquired. The ability to learn to say no and not feel guilty about it is the greatest success.
- Create the highest, grandest vision for your life because you become what you believe.
Learning to say no is not a bad thing and we must learn to be confident and to say no when we have to without having to feel bad about it.
Keeping a daily grateful journal changes our perspective into learning to focus on the things one has instead of thinking of what one does not have.
Share now :