BB MEETS AFRICA
Steve Jobs Here.
By BB Meets Africa the :
Steve Jobs was an inventor, designer and entrepreneur who co-founded Apple Computers with Steve Wozniak.
He was born on February 24th 1955 in San Francisco, California to two University of Wisconsin graduate students who gave him up for adoption, Jobs was smart but he lacked direction, he dropped out of college after six months and spent the next 18 months dropping in on creative classes at the school. Later on, Jobs mentioned how one course in calligraphy developed his love of typography and started experimenting with different pursuits before co-founding Apple with Steve Wozniak in 1976.
Jobs left the company in 1985, launched Pixar Animation Studios, then returned to Apple more than a decade later.
Steve Jobs got married to Laurene Powell on March 18th 1991 with three children Reed, Erin and Eve. He also fathered his daughter he had with his girlfriend known as Chrisann Brennan who he met in 1978.
In 2003, Jobs discovered that he had a neuroendocrine tumor, form of pancreatic cancer. Jobs could have immediately opted for surgery but instead, he chose to alter pesco-vegetarian diet while weighing Eastern treatment options. Battling with his health for years, he announced in January 2011, that he was going on medical leave. In August, he resigned as CEO of Apple, and handed over to Cook.
Jobs died on 5th October 2011 after a long battle with pancreatic cancer. He was 56 years old.
Some Inspirational Quotes – Steve Jobs
- Don’t let the noise of other opinions, drown out your inner voice and most important, have the courage to follow your heart and your intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.
- Being the richest man in the cemetery doesn’t matter to me, going to bed saying we’ve done something wonderful, that’s what matters to me.
- All I ask today, you do the best work of your entire life.
- Management is about persuading people to do things they don’t want to do while leadership is about inspiring people to do things they never thought they could.
- If you are working on something that you really care about, you don’t have to be pushed, the vision pulls you.
- My job is not to be easy on people, my job is to make them better.
- The only way to be truly satisfied is to love what you do.
Satisfaction and happiness is derived from loving what we do, if we can go to bed saying we’ve done something wonderful today that satisfies more than taking money for the things we do. Never work for the money, work because you love what you do and enjoy seeing the set goal accomplished.
Share now :